Last Wednesday, MC and I went on a surprise trip. With Emily's early birth and my difficult pregnancy with Jake, it's been a little wild for the last few years. Since MC is starting kindergarten, I thought now would be the perfect time to take a day for her. She woke up early and I told her to get dressed because she and I were leaving. Her eyes were huge, but she didn't ask any questions. We jumped in the car before the sibs woke up and headed to Dunkin Donuts for a special treat breakfast. The questions started in the car. Are we driving for as long as it takes to get to the beach? Are we still in Tennessee? Once we hit Chattanooga, I finally told her that we were going to the American Girl Doll store in Atlanta. She was SHOCKED and THRILLED! Needless to say, we had a wonderful day together (just the 2 of us). It was planned as a treat for her, but it was special for me as well. What a sweet girl.

Just after she received the new about where we were going!!! Sorry it's off center, I wasn't looking when I snapped the pic, I was driving.

Arrival at AG....Emma's fro and all.

Emma's hair appointment...getting rid of the frizz. This girl was serious about her work! We got a small lecture about the proper care for Emma's hair. If you brush it, you MUST use water.

In awe of her doll with fixed hair.


Her favorite part of lunch.

...or maybe it was the seat and tiny muffin for Emma.
1 comment:
so glad to see the happy face of the AG store. We have this planned for SP on her birthday. I cant wait!!
Post a Comment