Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Glimpse of Life in Pictures

If I said that it wasn't hard to leave this place (our house, Knoxville, etc)...

















...I wouldn't be telling the truth. It was not the physical house or city, but the people with which God blessed us.
I (we) will never forget...

...the fabulous and REAL women pictured here and not...in my neighborhood and not!

















...impromptu dinners with neighbors.

























...the special friendships for my kids. (Does the bottom picture remind you of a certain Beetles album cover)?

Did I mention my rockin' neighbors?
























...finally - the precious memories of simple moments like this in the house that we made home.

God's timing is PERFECT! His plan for us to be in Charlotte is evident - the fact that we sold our house in days and that our house in Charlotte was not on the market but the occupants were praying about a move just days before Nathan knocked on their door to see if they were interested in selling, etc.
We love it here!!!!
We had a fabulous experience with our movers. They were awesome.
The kids had fun in the mess.
We couldn't have done it without help from Bibble and Great Aunt Susan....
...and a little help from blankey.
A snippet of lost identity perhaps?
Shortly after, he regained his inner boy and grabbed his drill.
I prayed so hard for Mary Caroline to meet friends. Did God ever rain blessings upon my request. Sweet Caroline is one of many 6 year olds in our neighborhood. By day 2, Mary Caroline had 3 different playdates and had set up a lemonade stand. Thank you Lord.
Our entire family has been blessed to meet up with old friends and new. We are visiting a great church and we are settling in just fine.
PS...for the curious minds. This is our house that I did not see until after our closing.
I think Nathan did a great job picking it out, don't you?!
Stay tuned for a post about the 4th of July soon.

5 comments:

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Great Job Nathan on picking out the house! It's beautiful! I am glad you all are enjoying your new home and that everything has gone so smoothly.

The Leonards said...

finally...some pictures! oh this makes me cry. so thankful for such a perfect transition. we will see you SOON! love you!

Sarah Harper said...

Love your new house, Sarah! Beautiful! (and BIG!!) Glad to hear MC has made so many friends already. Makes me sad to see the pics of ya'll in DBO, though. It hardly feels worth the trip down the hill anymore :(

p.s. Can you post your new address on here or send it to us? Thanks!

paige said...

he picked out a winner!!
i love that the lord just orchestrated each & every detail perfectly for your family.
many blessings on your new GORGEOUS home & lives in your new town

xo

Unknown said...

Your new home is GORGEOUS Sarah!! Love it!