I was on the elliptical this morning, reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I was so convicted by what I read that it stopped me in my tracks. The chapter talked about giving God our leftovers.
From the book:
"What does God mean by love? He tell us,
Love is patient and kindl love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.....faith, hope, and love abide,, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8, 13
"But even these words have grown tired and overly familiar, haven't they?"
I have to agree with the author on the over use of this verse, but not when he challenged me to take my name and substitue it for the word love for the entire verse. (ie Sarah is patient...) I saw it in a new light. WHOA! Try it, I think you will feel the same.
Happy Monday!
"The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you."
Numbers 6: 24-26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Needed to hear that today! Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment