Monday, April 26, 2010

Trying to catch you up....with all the details

I have been super behind on posting about our lives because it changes by the day/minute. Let me first say that your encouragement means the world to me. When I said in my last post that God is opening doors for our family.....I can't even wait to tell you the story about events that have unfolded with our new house in Charlotte. It will give you chills!!! There is no denying His hand is in this move! God is so good. Stay tuned...another day, another post.

I had a FABULOUS weekend in Birmingham with an awesome group of women. I will post about it soon when I can "borrow" some pictures from other girls. Post it up Ashley, Darby and Paige. After looking at my photos, I think I might need to return to Bham for another Susanne King photography class in the very near future - like tomorrow.

Before I left for my girls' weekend and before we bought/sold our houses, we celebrated Mary Caroline's 6th birthday. Her birthday is not until May 13th but in light of our situation and Emily's tonsillectomy on May 4th, we decided to celebrate early. Because she was "almost 6" we had an "almost sleepover!" With 24 girls at the house in their pajamas there was not a dull moment.

The tables were "made up" like beds. Each girl crafted their own bottle cap necklace. We played freeze dance, limbo-ed, ate pizza, cake and ice cream, and finished the night with popcorn and a bit of a movie.

The precious group of girlies! Can you imagine if it was a real sleepover?!

The silly pic - this one cracks me up

FREEZE dance...I think this was the freeze part.

Limbo...how low can you go?


Pizza time (and, yes, Clara in the front DID have a great time :)!

Everyone loves Nathan (or the ice cream he offers) - and a small glimpse of the bedding on the tables.

Movie time. My favorite part of this pic is Jake in the middle of it all taking the opportunity to try on the girls' shoes. Now showing: purple sparkly croc. Coming soon: hot pink fluffy slipper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! I too could take Susanne's session just one more time! ;) She is super! I have lots of pictures for everyone to borrow and I am working on posting them for us to share right now! Yes, 3:30 am!! It was a fabulous weekend and I am so glad to have had the opportunity to meet you!! Mary Caroline's birthday party was precious and it looks like everyone had fun, especially Jake...the traveling shoe salesman! ;)