Have I told you that Jake loves cereal? He always started off his day in Grandpa style eating Frosted Mini Wheats on his make-shift suitcase booster, dressed in his pjs all the way down to
his Crocs!?
Meet Johnny White. He and his sons helped us find our house. Jake fell in LOVE with Johnny - or "Onny" as he called him. "Onny" surpassed Mom's status of the primary carseat buckler, lap after meals and arms in which to hang out while touring houses.

Meet my son as we drive away from his new found friend, "Onny." For all of you who ask if Jake ever gets upset....here's your proof.
We stayed busy house hunting, but took a quick break on Sunday morning for a family field trip of sorts....a ride uptown on the new (to us) Lynx light rail.
The kids loved riding on the "train." However, the biggest treat was when the driver came out of his cab and asked if the kids wanted to drive the train, honk the horn, ring the bell and talk in the microphone. Does he not look like the conductor on the Polar Express Movie? Fun times!



MC got a chance too. I'm not leaving Emily out....she wanted nothing to do with it!
Look at Jake's little smiling face.
ARE YOU ASLEEP YET?

We are excited about moving to the Queen City.
From MC, Grandpa Jake (in his sock and Crocs) and Emily - Good night (if you haven't already dozed)!
8 comments:
aww, these pictures make me happy and sad! we love y'all!!
Howie just loves Charlotte! We'll have to come for a visit for sure and ride the light rail! Amazing how much the light rail's driver looks like the conductor from The Polar Express movie. Is he related to Tom Hanks?
lovin your cute blog!!
looks like ya'll had such a fun visit!
Came here from Darby's blog. I am a native Charlotteean... it is a WONDERFUL city! Most of my family still live there so I am there often. (I live a couple of hors away now.) There are some great neighborhoods in the Matthews, Wesley Chapel area. Hope you find a great home!
hello. I found your blog through Darby's blog. I live in Charlotte and just wanted to let you know you can email me (amandajones1212@aol.com) if you have any questions, etc.
hope everything goes well with the move.
Hi Sarah! I went to college with Darby and advertise on her blog. So I just wanted to let you know that my husband and I just moved away so we could definitely give you some neighborhood, etc advice. Just email me!! I would love to chat!
We just moved to Greenville, SC from Charlotte. If you like sushi, you must try RuSans!
Also great: Thai Taste (hole in the wall Thai restaurant, Copper (expensive Indian food), and 131 Main.
Enjoy the Queen City! It's a wonderful place for fammilies!
Found you via Darby's blog!! Have lived in Charlotte for the past 9 years....I love it! I came here from Savannah, Ga. so it was quite a change to the big city lifestyle. I am up near the Mountain Island Lake area and a member at Hickory Grove Baptist church...If you need any any info please feel free to email me (n_atkins@ymail.com) Good Luck with your move and hope you love it hear as much as I have!
Post a Comment