Saturday, May 1, 2010

It WAS a BLAST!

Sorry for the delay - thanks for the threats encouragement to post about my girls' weekend already! Here it is...just know that my words and pictures don't do it justice.

This trip was great for me. I haven't left all three kids over night - ever. The drive alone was therapeutic, so I knew the rest of the weekend was going to be a treat. Friday night, we met at a great restaurant called A Stone's Throw. If you live in Birmingham, you should check it out.

It was darker than this when I arrived, so I had to take this picture on my way out. This area is home to Ashley's Favorite Laundry store and BBTN workroom....more about that in a sec.

We tried to eat outside but the thunder and lightning sent us in - a warm evening of great food and company nonetheless. Look at this precious group.

Our Saturday was filled to the brim. Ashley treated us all to numerous spa treatments. It was extremely stormy outside but we were in paradise. Sorry for the lack of pictures. I was too busy relaxing.


We headed to Susanne King's photography studio after the spa. Susanne is a great teacher and showed us all the ropes on topics such as aperture, shutter speed and lighting. She even taught us a few tricks of the trade to get little ones to smile and make it through a photo shoot.

The more I learned, I realized the more I need to know! Talk about scratching the surface. I think it was here (see the above pic) that Susanne told me I might need to take her class twice!

After the class and a little champagne, we all ventured from behind our cameras for little "sessions" of our own - group and individual.

The evening wrapped up with a food and fellowship at Ashley's house. Don't you want her to come decorate your house?


Sunday morning we woke up and went the church together...decked out in our pink.

If you live in Birmingham and have do not have a church home. Please visit Brookhills. This congregation is living the gospel. We were all extremely moved by the service.


We headed to Ashley's store one more time before hitting the road.

I managed to get Mary Caroline a precious outfit with BBTN fabric "before my time." LOVE IT!

Thank you, Ashley, for such a wonderful weekend. I was honored to be included in such a dynamic group of women. You are an amazing and strong woman. I love your passion for Christ...it is contagious!

If anyone is looking for precious, take your breath away soft and stylish clothes for your kids look no further. You will be thrilled to know that you are buying quality clothes from a company built and guided on the trust and love of our awesome Savior.

PS For those of you who have commented on my blog or emailed in response to my Charlotte move. Thank you - I feel extremely blessed! I will certainly be contacting you with questions, etc. as the move gets closer:).

2 comments:

Shelly Powers said...

love the recap and loved meeting you as well! good luck with your move and your family is precious! take care! :)

paige said...

take the class twice, that is hysterical!
but seriously, i wish i could too!
loved meeting you girlie
& wish you all the best on your upcoming move!
xo