Sunday, March 9, 2008

3 down....

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. "
Philippians 4:6-7

Today's treatment went well. I had a headache, but NOTHING like last week and I praise God for that. My home health nurse, Bonnie, is wonderful. I love her as do the girls which is nice because she is a mother to 3 boys! I was able to rest for much of the day thanks to Nathan, my Mom and my aunt. Thank you also to everyone for prayers, meals, meal offers and help with the girls. I know I say this everytime, but I am overwhelmed by our support network.

I had an OB appointment on Thursday, but my regular doctor was out of town. I did speak with my genetic counselor and another physician regarding the cordocentesis at 32 weeks. Although our decision is not yet final, we have almost decided to head back to New York one more time. The doctors here do this procedure about 3 or so times a year and I know that the doctor in New York does it more frequently. Although I will have to be gone for 5 days, God has granted me peace regarding this.

My prayer requests stay the same, but they are important:

1. That baby Jake will be protected from a brain bleed.
2. That I will continue to trust God and lift up our difficult decisions to Him, especially the cordocentesis.
3. That I will continue to tolerate my infusions and prednisone therapy in order to be a good wife to Nathan and mother to Mary Caroline and Emily.
4. That I will glorify God during this process.

No comments: