Monday, March 17, 2008

Update

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."
Mark 10:27

My treatment went well yesterday. I got up at 5am to shower in time for the nurse to get to my house at 6, but she was 2 hours late! I did discover, however, that if I take my pre-meds for the infusion 2 hours before my treatment v. 15 minutes before I don't get a headache. The Lord continues to bless us.

Today, I had an OB appointment for my gestational diabetes test (which I passed) and an ultrasound. I am not as far along as I thought, but Jake is hitting some great milestones. He weighs 3 pounds even (90th percentile) which is exactly what Emily weighed when she was born, he is practicing breathing in the womb and best of all there are no indications at this point of a brain bleed. His health thus far is nothing short of a miracle and the answer to many, many prayers. Please continue to pray for his health and protection.

I spoke with another physician in my practice today and he confirmed that traveling to New York for my cordocentesis was the right decision. There are a few glitches that we will have to overcome regarding my travel. I might have to go to New York before the "procedure trip" just to get my blood drawn to rule out viruses, etc. Hopefully, I will be able to get my blood drawn here and then FedEx it to NY. I will be speaking with the doctor in New York around 11am tomorrow, so please pray for resolution on this matter.

Again, this pregnancy and baby are nothing short of God's answer to prayer. Please continue to pray. My specific prayer requests at this time include:

1. That baby Jake will be protected from a brain bleed.
2. That I will continue to trust God and lift up our difficult decisions and worries to Him.
3. That the cordocentesis planning will be resolved.
4. That I will continue to tolerate my infusions and prednisone therapy in order to be a good wife to Nathan and mother to Mary Caroline and Emily.
5. That I will glorify God during this process.
6. Bless all the people, especially Nathan and my Mother, that spend everyday going above and beyond to help me.

No comments: