I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that I wanted to vomit when I got Jake's RAST food allergy test results today. I'd be lying if I didn't say how disappointed I was when I heard the nurse say that he was highly allergic to milk, eggs and peanuts. It still makes my stomach turn a bit. Tons of questions run through my mind....is he going to lose weight like Emily? How is he going to get essential fat for his brain development? Then...
PERSPECTIVE HIT ME IN THE FACE! THANK YOU LORD!
Jake overcame all odds before, during and after birth. Medically, this child was supposed to be born with a brain bleed. A BRAIN BLEED. I do not dismiss the severity of food allergies, but I am thankful for Jake's overall health. He weighed close to 28 pounds at his 1 year check up. He is happy. I am blessed.
"When I am afraid I will trust in Him...in God whose word I praise." Psalm 56-3-4
How many times does He have to prove it to me? Dear God, I trust in you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great perspective, Sarah! I am sorry to hear about Jake's allergies, but if there is anyone who can make the best of something like that it's you, Supermom!
Post a Comment