Monday, April 14, 2008

New York Monday

Today went well. I arrived in NY around 8:30am. Around 1pm, I gave platelets at the New York Blood Center. I'm a little bit concerned because my body was not giving up platelets at the rate that they wanted. I'm hoping that we will have enough should Jake need them. I'm praying that he just won't need them at all! If anyone has ever donated platelets, I admire you. It wasn't the most pleasant experience. It might have something to do with them using the same vein they used for yesterday's infusion.

After the platelet donation, I went for an ultrasound. Jake is now 4 pounds and 13 ounces. Everything looks good and we were able to get some 4D pictures. Like all of our kids, Jake looks just like Nathan. It was amazing to see him yawn, practice breathing, rub his eyes, and suck on his fingers. God is certainly good!

Thank you again for your support and phone calls. We are so blessed. We remain hopeful about our procedure on Thursday at 11am.

Specific prayer requests include:
1. That Jake's platelet count is normal.
2. That Jake continues to be protected from brain bleeding.

I will update more this week. We are grateful for your prayers.

No comments: