Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes...

I don't have much to update except for that fact that I love how the Lord sends great messages through the smallest of mouths. This evening before getting ready for bed, the girls and I were singing and dancing with our vacation bible school cd from last summer. All of a sudden Mary Caroline stopped singing "obey-o, obey-0 obey the Lord" and said "you know that God is taking care of baby Jake right now." What wonderful news to hear as we prepare for the week ahead.

My treatment on Sunday went well...no major side effects. Today, I went to the doctor to get a betamethazone shot (steriod) to further Jake's lung development in case he has to be born next Thursday. Tomorrow, I will go get my 2nd shot and meet with the doctor to discuss the upcoming weeks. I know that I have written this often, but the Lord has certainly provided for me and my family during this time. Thank you everyone who continues to call, provide meals, write, and pray.

My specific prayer requests at this time are:
1. That Jake will be protected from a brain bleed.
2. That the results of the cordocentesis procedure next Thursday (11am) provide positive results and no negative side effects.
3. That I will continue to be a good wife and mother.
4. That I will glorify God through this experience.

I will be taking my computer with me to New York, but will be providing one more update before I leave on Monday morning. Please continue to pray, we are so grateful for you!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sarah- It was great see you and Emily this week at the library. I enjoyed watching the girls... Emily was so sweet with her enthusiastic clapping. I will be thinking of you every day this week. It seems like you are doing great. I am amazed by your beautiful spirit & faith in reading your blogs. Keep hanging in there. -Jennifer Borth