Friday, April 18, 2008

Our big day

Sorry that I didn't update last night...I was too physically and emotionally drained. Yesterday was a long day, but the procedure was successful. We got back to the operating room around noon. The procedure took a little longer than anticipated because Jake was so active. Everytime the doctors would try to draw blood out of the cord, he would occlude it with his knees or feet. The platelet counts were normal. In fact, they were way higher than my own. They did find, however, that his red blood count was a little low. They didn't seem extremely concerned, but please pray that his number remains stable or grows.

We will be home tonight (if we can get out of the city). The Pope is here, so many roads are closed.

Thank you for your prayers and help. I will continue my weekly infusions until I deliver around 37 weeks.

Please continue to pray specifically:
1. That Jake will be protected from a brain bleed.
2. That his red blood cell count will increase.

No comments: