Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Update

"If you love me, you will obey what I command."
John 14:15

It's hard not to worry, but isn't that what God commands?

We are so blessed that Jake's platelet count was normal (in fact higher than my own). I must ask for your prayers now for his red blood count. It was an incidental finding that he is mild to moderately anemic. His hematocrit was 30 and the normal range is 40-55. The doctor in New York didn't seem too concerned as long as it stays about the same. This is something that physicians are supposed to be able to monitor via ultrasound. Unfortunately, my actual physician in my high risk office is in Greece for 3 weeks and the doctor that I saw on Monday didn't have a great deal of knowledge about what to do. Praise God that I have access to Dr. Berkowitz in New York as I spoke to him on the phone after my morning appointment. He was a bit concerned that my physician "didn't have a clue." YIKES! I will continue to speak with Dr. Berkowitz after we monitor Jake's condition every Monday morning.

Please pray specifically for:
1. Jake's red blood cell count to remain stable and/or increase.
2. My ability to lift my worries up to God just as he commands.

Thank you again for lifting us up in your prayers.

No comments: