I went to New York for the day yesterday and I'm glad that I will only return there once more for this pregnancy. I had an ultrasound and Dr. Berkowitz said that Jake looked absolutely beautiful, meaning everything is going well so far. No evidence of intracranial bleeding again - praise God. Jake weighed 3 pound and 9 ounces. The doctor was very nice and encouraging to me....answered all my questions this time. I feel confident in his skills to do the procedure, but I still worry if this is the right thing to do. There is just so much involvement to get everything ready. Next week, I will be getting betamethazone (steriod shots to enhance the development of Jake's lungs) should we have to deliver him in New York. On Monday April 14th, I will fly to New York again to donate platelets in case Jake needs them. Tuesday, I have another ultrasound and check up to make sure that donating the platelets caused no harm. Thursday at 9am, I will check into Labor and Delivery to have my cordocentesis done at 11am. Please pray fervently before and during this time (and I will ask this again before I make the trip). I am very nervous and ready to have this behind me.
Please pray specifically about the procedure that:
1. Jake and I don't have any complications from the cordocentesis, especially infection and bleeding.
2. Jake's platelet count will be normal and we won't have to transfuse any platelets.
Again, thanks for checking in and thank you for your continued support. This is a very difficult time and my emotions are running high.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Continuing to pray for you, Nathan, the girls, and little Jake. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. We will be on our knees on Monday, April 14th! Love you all!
Post a Comment