Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Internet is down!

Sorry it's taken me so long to update the blog, but our internet has been down. I didn't realize how much I rely on the computer until now. Let's just say that the house is a little bit cleaner and a few more loads of laundry have been folded. I'm sure that is not what you are here to see...

The update for this week is as follows:

I went to the doctor on Monday morning and Jake's MCA (pressure in his brain) was 43 - well within normal range. The little booger what just as relaxed as can be in there with his little feet crossed...something his sisters both did as tiny babies. My doctor was out of town, so the NP and I tried to figure dates for next week. YES - next week! My doctor got on the phone today and said..."I'll do whatever you want on whatever day you want." That, my friends, is why I love the man. He has been so good to me and my family. He is going to deliver Jake even though he is not scheduled to be in the hospital. The schedule for next week includes an amniocentesis on Tuesday morning at 9:45am. This is where they go into the womb (much like the cordocentesis) and get amniotic fluid to tell us whether or not Jake's lungs are developed enough for him to be born. If all is ready, then I will have a c-section on Wednesday morning. I am not looking forward to being stuck in the (now very large) belly for the 3rd time in this pregnancy, but if it keeps Jake out of the NICU then I am okay with it.

It seems like just yesterday that I found out I was pregnant. The Lord has revealed himself to us in so many ways. I am still nervous, but I know that this is God's plan for our family.

My specific prayer requests are:
1. That I will have great quality time with Nathan, Mary Caroline and Emily before Jake's birth.
2. That the Lord will calm me regarding the upcoming week. (i.e take away the "what ifs")
3. That the amniocentesis will go well and show positive results for developed lungs if that is what's in the Lord's timing.
4. Protection for my body during my last infusion on Saturday and during/after the birth on Wednesday.

Again, I am forever indebted for your prayers and help. I will update again on Tuesday after the amniocentesis.

No comments: