Friday, May 30, 2008

Psalm 15:5 - My Cup Overflows

"Lord you have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure."

The understatement of my life.....MY CUP OVERFLOWS!

In the hospital I was often asked if Jake was my first child (because everytime a nurse walked in, I was holding him and staring at him in complete awe). I loved to say "no, he is my 3rd, but I love to marvel at the majesty of our God." Although I didn't share Jake's road to delivery with all the nurses, my heart smiles daily (and nightly) with deep love and appreciation. Our family is adjusting well to our new addition. The girls love Jake so much.

Nathan and I went to my week follow up appointment yesterday and my body is healing well from the c-section. Our office visit was bitter-sweet as I am in many ways glad that I only have one more visit to that office, but also sad to leave people that took very good care of me/us. Oh, did I mention that my doctor (the one that I so anxiously awaited his return from Greece then Atlanta to deliver Jake) left for Europe for 2 weeks the day after he delivered Jake?!

It's no coincidence that I am quickly forgetting the weekly infusions that took 6 hours, the many scary tests and the trips to New York. I will not ever forget the initial fear I felt when I found out about my pregnancy with this condition. MOST OF ALL....I will not EVER forget how God has revealed Himself throughout this entire time.

Everyone around us continues to be so supportive. People we know well and people we don't know at all. Jake is our son and yours as well. We look forward to sharing our lives with you in the future. We will continue to update this blog with pictures and stories.

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!

2 comments:

The Leonards said...

Sarah, your little boy is precious. I have been so blessed reading through your blog (I just discovered it when you emailed last week)...God HAS been glorified through this journey and through the arrival of sweet Jake. Your faith, honesty, and reliance on our Father has encouraged so many. Glad you are rejoicing in the incredible gift your family has in Jake...I know these first days of loving on him and getting to know him are so so sweet! Let us know if you need anything. Thanks again for sharing your life with us. Can't wait to hold that cute boy!
-Laura

Lori said...

Sarah, thanks for letting us "marvel" with you and your family at the miracles of God! What an amazing journey you have been on! I am so happy to see your steady faith be rewarded with such awesome blessings! What a privilege to be able to be personally involved with the wonders of our Lord! He is so faithful to answer our cry when we call out to Him and put all our hope and trust in Him alone!
Enjoy your newest little miracle! I can't wait to meet him. He is absolutely beautiful!!!!
- Lori