Monday, February 16, 2009

Dear Mother Earth

Dear Mother Earth,

I am terribly sorry. My daughter possibly kills several small forests a day with the pictures that she draws, "origami" that she folds and the letters that she "writes." We do make her use both sides of the paper and we will try to recycle the 'scraps.'

Sincerely,

Me


Okay seriously, if I kept every picture that Mary Caroline drew then we would not have any space in which to live. What do you do with ALL the pictures/art work that your children create? Someone on Oprah suggested to scan the pictures and create a shutterfly bound book at the end of each year. Brillliant. Any other ideas?




All in a day's work...okay maybe a little longer.



"Me and Andie play together." "Mommy, I'm wrote 'me' because my name takes up too much space."



Sometimes she copies her books - I'm Thankful Each Day.



The seven-legged reindeer...ever seen one of those?



Sailboat.



And the most ironic of all...."Mommy, this is me and Emily hugging a tree!"

1 comment:

notes of em said...

how old is she again?
im really impressed, we are working on writing at our house. But even the figure drawings are hard.