Monday, February 2, 2009

Still not well but heading that way

The kids are still fighting off this horrible virus. I no longer regret any activities or events that we've skipped in the past to avoid sickness. RSV is a TERRIBLE thing and I hope I never see it's ugly face again. Fevers, bulb syringes, tissues, coughs, doctor visits...wow! I am thankful that we were able to avoid hospitalization and hope that we will before this is all over. Emily is on the mend while Mary Caroline and Jake still have 'the RSV cough' without fever.
The girls got dressed and ready for school with lunches packed and all. On the way I looked in my rear view mirror and saw a full van of watery eyes. No fevers but I opted for another full day of recovery at home. We drove right past the school to Sonic for an apple juice treat. Boy did I make the right decision. As soon as we arrived home and I put Jake down for his nap it started snowing and it hasn't stopped since. It's beautiful but I'm glad that I could look at it out the window instead of driving in it to get the girls from school.

The girls and I talked about Groundhog's Day. We spent all morning coloring and cutting out groundhog puppets.




No comments: